Introduction

Welcome to The Mountain Bustle, a blog dedicated to all things costume and the outdoors! 

This blog will serve as an anecdotal information source for outdoor clothing - such as historical information on outdoor clothing, fabric content and types, what to wear for certain conditions, and a smattering of personal opinion and experiences. As such, Mountain Bustle is a laid back educational blog.  My aim is to share the knowledge I have with others to get people outside with a little bit more information they did not have before. I do not desire to focus on comparisons on which clothing company is the best or which rain jacker is superior - I want my information to be accessible to all, with ultimate freedom to choose what works best for you. 

This idea to blog started with my husband, who joked I should create a Gore-Tex 1880's bustle dress and blog about it. His idea, of course, is a very far off, wild goal but it did spark inspiration. I live in an area which would benefit from combining mountain life and culture with documentation of outdoor clothing and how this shaped the Rocky Mountain region as it is today. Many years spent working summers in outdoor retail stores has given me lots to talk about. 

Since I am a teacher, I do not want to guarantee a consistent blog update, as the school year is always fluctuating. I will, however, endeavour to post at least once a month. Here's to a interesting journey and I hope you'll stick around! 

Until next time, 

Mountain Bustle

Comments

  1. As a girl who is also into the outdoors, beautiful historic clothing and a bit of sewing here and there (!) I'm really looking forward to seeing where this blog goes. Great big adventures ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment